For many folks the incident that caused an injury is just the start. The start of many more injuries to come. Chapter 1 of the Blackhat Bible for Defending Personal Injury cases is to keep adding insult to injury.
Whatever insurance company is representing the person who injures you is doing whatever they can to prevent you from recovering for the harms and losses that you’ve suffered. Make no mistake about it – they’re out to get you.
One of their “go to” tactics is to hire a private investigator to stalk you. They’ll pay some goon squad to video tape you grocery shopping.
The primary reason insurance companies do this is to intimidate someone their insured has injured into settling their claim for less than fair value. Frankly, it’s bullshit.
At McKeen Law Firm, we arm our clients against the goon squad. Here are some simple tips:
1. Talk with your neighbors. Ask them to report any unusual vehicles in your neighborhood. If they see something ask them to say something – call the police.
2. If you think you are being watched call the police. If at all possible get the vehicle’s license plates.
3. When it’s safe to do so – turn your cell phone’s video camera on and film the goons.
4. Immediately notify your lawyer that you are being followed.
5. They’re doing this to scare you. Being stalked is no joke. Consider going to counseling to address these fears.
Don’t let them intimidate you. That’s all they want. They want you to lose sleep thinking there’s someone in the bushes at your family picnic. That’s because insurance companies aren’t above putting a goon in those very bushes.
We’ve got more ideas on how to deal with this kind of stalking that we’re not going to share on this site. Too good to post. Don’t want the blackhats getting ahold of them. We know how to judo the goons.
It’s not fair. It’s not right. We know how to turn the tables on insurance companies.
INJURED? WE CAN HELP. CONTACT US FOR A NO CHARGE CONSULTATION. WE ARE ONLY LICENSED IN CT. CALL US (860) 471-8333 or CONTACT US USING THE FORM BELOW. AN ATTORNEY WILL PROMPTLY GET BACK TO YOU.